Friday, January 22, 2010

Social Observation








In my first picture pat looks very happy but kind of like a homeless kid compared to the sucessful buisnessman I painted, I used the Lomo photoshop tutorial on this one, I'm trying to illustrate how in our society we see sucess and happiness as the same thing and are taught to be successful more then happy.



In My second photo Tony is trying to hand my guy and umbrella because he's in the rain but his hands are full with chicken and soda but its okay, theres no trans fats and its a diet soda.




In my third picture which i think is my strongest I have pat holding a sign that says "get your fix" Maintly refering the figure on the right who has his cigarettes and his chicken and soda but standing in the rain. playing off the saying get your fix because we act like these things are going to make everything better when they have nothing to do with our problems and we pour money into these holes when it could go to things that could fix problems that arent only our own but problems of many others, Imagine if every smoker instead of buying cigarettes for a day donated that money to Haiti? also we thing being sucessful will fix every little problem we have and that money cures everything, I'm not saying being successful is bad but i see a disconnect in our society thinking that success is happiness.

I kind of just took photo this year because I want to be exposed to as many medias of art as i can, and this is really my first expouser to photo and i'm looking foreward to expanding on this media even though i'm more comfortable with painting and drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment